Mostly Joe was looking for Elk and deer. We found lots of them. It was awesome and I don't even hunt. We saw a bunch of deer (some were so close to the car, the kids loved it) we saw a bunch of cow elk (girls) and we even saw some bull elk (the boys with the big "RACKS" as Joe calls them. I like to call them antlers.) WE also spotted a big moose. It was really fun. Then we went to church and had a great lesson in relief society that Pres. Hinkley spoke about in conference about being slow to anger. He will be greatly missed, but was such an amazing man while he was here. Then of course to end a wonderful day you HAVE to have family dinner with potatoes, meat and gravy! YUM! (we missed you Barbs) Anyway, Sundays are the best! I love them!!! Just thought I would share my wonderful day! We will see if it was my last Sunday with two kids!!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Oh how I love Sundays
Today was a great day! Jack actually slept until almost 8:00 which is pretty much unheard of. We don't have church until 1:00 so we decided to go for a little Sunday drive up the canyon. It is SOOOOOO beautiful. I am absolutely sick of the snow and the yucky cold weather, but it was soooo beautiful. All the snow around the green trees, the waterfalls frozen, the smell, everything was just amazing. The kids had a blast with their binoculars we all were looking for any kind of animal in the mountains.
Mostly Joe was looking for Elk and deer. We found lots of them. It was awesome and I don't even hunt. We saw a bunch of deer (some were so close to the car, the kids loved it) we saw a bunch of cow elk (girls) and we even saw some bull elk (the boys with the big "RACKS" as Joe calls them. I like to call them antlers.) WE also spotted a big moose. It was really fun. Then we went to church and had a great lesson in relief society that Pres. Hinkley spoke about in conference about being slow to anger. He will be greatly missed, but was such an amazing man while he was here. Then of course to end a wonderful day you HAVE to have family dinner with potatoes, meat and gravy! YUM! (we missed you Barbs) Anyway, Sundays are the best! I love them!!! Just thought I would share my wonderful day! We will see if it was my last Sunday with two kids!!
Mostly Joe was looking for Elk and deer. We found lots of them. It was awesome and I don't even hunt. We saw a bunch of deer (some were so close to the car, the kids loved it) we saw a bunch of cow elk (girls) and we even saw some bull elk (the boys with the big "RACKS" as Joe calls them. I like to call them antlers.) WE also spotted a big moose. It was really fun. Then we went to church and had a great lesson in relief society that Pres. Hinkley spoke about in conference about being slow to anger. He will be greatly missed, but was such an amazing man while he was here. Then of course to end a wonderful day you HAVE to have family dinner with potatoes, meat and gravy! YUM! (we missed you Barbs) Anyway, Sundays are the best! I love them!!! Just thought I would share my wonderful day! We will see if it was my last Sunday with two kids!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh I miss the mountains so much! Reading that really made me homesick! I am glad you had a fabulous sunday, alot better than the one when you locked your keys in your car right!? I hope this is the last sunday you have before you have the little sweetie! CALL ME RIGHT AS YOU GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! I am so excited! love ya buffaroo!
I missed you, too Buff. And I miss dead cow.
Gotta love those days! Those are the days you have to remember, when your having a rough one! I hope that was your last sunday with 2 kids!! I can't wait to see the new little one. Did you guys decide on a name yet?
I tagged you, Buff. You have to play now:)
Thanks for showing me your blog. It is soooo stinkin cute. I need to do something else with mine other than the "cookie-cutter" layout that blogger has. One of these days. I saw you had something about Cokeville WY, I have totally been there. My YW pres. family is from there and we went one year on the way down to Utah, so random I know. Anyway, you have such a cute fam, your a great mom, keep up the great work.
KT
Post a Comment