Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random Recipe

Here is another one. I am telling you, this one is TOTALLY worth doing because it is SUPER easy, and SUPER yummy! Meghan, even you can do this one. I decided at about 4:30 yesterday to try it, and we ate at about 5:00, so it was really easy. Once again, the pictures don't do it justice, but here it is anyway. I got it again from My Kitchen Cafe on my side bar, one of my favs. TRY IT!!!

Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach




6 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this doesn't add spiciness - just the right amount of flavor)
6 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound penne pasta
1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
6 tablespoons juice from 2 lemons
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Meanwhile, combine garlic, pepper flakes and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave until garlic is golden and fragrant, about 1 minute.

Pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the garlic/red pepper oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat until oil is rippling. Add chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.

Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to boiling water and cook until tender but still slightly firm (al dente). Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Stir in chicken, spinach, basil, lemon juice, Parmesan, and remaining garlic mixture, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the picture looks pretty dang good to me. How did your kids do with the spinach? My kids would probably throw it on the wall. Anyways, and the strawberry accent/garnish is great! haha. You little betty crocker!

megship said...

My kids vomit at the sight of spinach (I usually just hide it in my dishes) but I don't make stuff where I have to "tent it with foil." Sorry. Try again!

Mandy said...

We LOVED it. Including the kids. Everyone ate every last bite. We will definately do it again sometime. Super easy.