What are spud nuts you ask? Only the best donut in the world. Yesterday we spent the day making spud nuts at the Dayton house hold. They are called spud nuts because they have potatoes in them. They are pretty tedious to make, but Margaret was teaching us how yesterday. So, Me, Barb, Hillary (Joe's cousin), Kylee and Jack were all making spud nuts yesterday. So, you make the dough, let it rise, cut out the donuts, FRY-em, glaze-em and then the best part....you EAT-EM! It was kind of a tradition we started last year, cause Barbara came home from AZ for Easter last year, and we decided to do it again this year....maybe it will become a tradition...who knows. It was super fun and super delicious!
We also had a super fun Easter egg hunt yesterday before spud nut making. Lynn and Margaret hit a bunch...and I mean a BUNCH of yummy Easter candy, and I am not talking the nasty stuff, I am talking the best stuff like the peanut butter chocolate eggs (like the big Reese's kind, yummy) The kids had soooo much fun finding candy that after we found it all, they hid theirs again, and found it again. It was a blast. They even took a few of their candies and hid them for Grandpa after it was all over cause he didn't get any. Have I ever said I have the best family? Well, I do!
Friday night Kylee and I got to have a little mother daughter date. One of Joe's cousins (Marie Dayton) is on BYU's ballroom/pretty much everything tour team, and they had an awesome performance, and we were invited. It was SOOOOOO good. Marie is SOOOOO good, and gorgeous! She did amazing, and it just made Kylee and I want to dance. There was one dance where it looked like a girl was in a wedding dress, and she had a tiara on, and Kylee said "is she the queen of Utah?" Kylee had fun, and it was fun to spend time with her.

Of course I am not forgetting the real meaning of Easter, I saved the best for last. I know that my Savior lives. That sentence means so much to me, and I am definitely reminded of that at Easter time. I am so thankful to be a part of this amazing gospel. I love it, I love our Prophet, I love my Father in Heaven, and his Son, my brother, Jesus Christ. I AM SO BLESSED. I know I say that a lot, but I am.

9 comments:
Spudnuts! Yum! I'm glad we don't have that tradition...otherwise I would also have the tradition of gaining 5 pounds. I'm sure you had lots of self control!
Mmmmmm...doughnuts.....I am gonna start that tradition....right now!
Spudnuts is definitely a tradition!!
K first I have to say, You look so gorgeous in the picture with Kylee. and then second...send some of those spudnuts my way!!! Anyways, you are the best and I miss you tons and I love you!!
My neighbors brought us some spudnuts during priesthood session...sooooooooooo yummy!!! I'm jealous...I love watching dancing!!!
that looks delicious. I want some.
Yummy those spudnuts look good! Your blog and your family are so darling!
That Kylee is one lucky girl that she looks like her mama! Cant wait to try the recipe!
I loved seeing Kylee at preschool. She is so cute!
Post a Comment