
*****WARNING***** this is more like a journal entry, and my be boring to some of you, so read at your own will!
What a wonderful day. Sundays are always great days because we get to go eat at the in-law's house, but today was extra special because we had a special visitor eating with us today. Elder L. Tom Perry and Barbara Perry ate with us today. We are kind of spoiled because this isn't the first time they have eaten with us. Elder Perry is Joe's uncle. Not by blood, but his aunt is Elder Perry's second wife. Anyway, we had a really cool experience today. First of all, let me go back to when Joe and I were newlyweds we were eating Sunday dinner, which ALWAYS consists of some sort of dead cow, potatoes, gravy corn, salad, and rolls. (I know, no wonder I can't lose any weight) So Joe has a small esophagus and he didn't chew his meat well enough, it was a fast Sunday so he wanted to scarf down his food. But, his first bite got caught in his esophagus. (note, the food throat, not the breathing throat) so he can breath, but he can't get any water, food....NOTHING down. So he has to either force it down, or try to get it back up. Well, that day he ended up going to the emergency room, and going into surgery with a tube down his throat to try to get the meat out. A few hundred dollars later, he was all better. So, today he gets meat stuck in his throat again, and is struggling he couldn't get it to go one way or another. So after about 25 min my amazing and inspired mother-in-law asked my father-in-law if we could have a little prayer for Joe. He asked if Elder Perry would say it, and he did. It was such a great prayer, it may seem silly to you, but it was such a powerful prayer, and he blessed that it would pass. (Joe didn't even know we were having a prayer, he had been in the bathroom working on it the whole time) LITERALLY not even ONE minute later Joe came out of the bathroom, and had worked it down. It was so amazing, and it to me was a real miracle. I was just thinking to myself..."we can't afford it, we don't have time, Joe can't miss work, how are we going to do this..." then my mother-in-law, who I think is always inspired asked to have a prayer! AMAZING! I am so grateful to be a part of this miraculous amazing gospel. I KNOW my Father in heaven hears and answers prayers. I KNOW he knows of our needs. I am so thankful to be in such an amazing family. By the way, just in case you didn't know my husband is awesome!!!
5 comments:
You know Elder Perry is my favorite apostle. Can I come over for family dinner next time he is there ;)
Wow! I love to hear stories like that. I, too, KNOW He hears and answers prayers. He loves us and wants to be there for us to help us...all we need to do is ask!
PS - Justin deleted all the pictures of the volvo before I could get them on.
That is an awesome story. I'm sure some people would pass it off as nothing, we are so lucky to have the spirit and to know that Heavenly Father had a hand in healing Joe. How lucky to have an apostle pray for him!!!
Thanks for sharing! It's always inspiring to hear your testimony.
What's with Daytons and our small esophagi and voracious appetites for dead cow? Thanks for sharing this story. Being around Uncle Tom is always amazing.
Post a Comment