Saturday, November 15, 2008

Date Night

So, yesterday while Joe was at work, I had the funnest time listening to my kids plan a date night for our family. It was the cutest thing, so I had to blog about it. Jack, out of no where said, "Mom, when dad gets home from work, can we maybe go to the movie feater" (yes, I meant to write that with an "f", that is how he says it) anyway, "go to the movie feater and maybe watch kon-fu-panda (Kung fu Panda) , or wawlee (wall-e) and have popcorn?" By the way, we have already seen Kung fu Panda twice, and Wall-e once. So, I said "Jack, I don't know if it is at the movie theater anymore." So Kylee pipes in and says, "Mom, just blog-on (you know, log on) and see if it is there." So I "blogged" on and it was at the dollar movies, so we decided to go. Barb came over and played with Mia while we went. We got a large popcorn, and you should have seen those kids, it was like they were starving (this was right after dinner, keep that in mind) and Jack was so excited he could barely hold still in his chair. Every once in a while we would hear him talking to himself..."oh wow, those guys are so fast" "Oh, that guy is scary." It was a fun family date night, and the kids pretty much polished off the whole large popcorn, I couldn't believe it. They ate the ENTIRE TIME! Well, I love my fam, and it was a fun date night, and that's all. Oh, and I really want to get a dog, what do ya think? There is the cutest Golden Retriever Lab mix, and I am dying to get it. I know I am crazy!

9 comments:

scott and jessica doman said...

how cute! I love kids! We tried watching kung fu with jackson, ya we got about 1/2 way through then left cuz he wouldnt sit still- guess we need to wait another yr! Oh well.

Unknown said...

I love that you call it a date night and your kids were there! Man I would LOVE to play soccer with you guys too. We are so torn about having a dog. We definitely won't do it for several years, but after that, I don't know.

Unknown said...

I knew you wouldn't last long without getting another dog. How is Joe going to react with this one? Merry Christmas to Buffy??!! Anyways, cute date night!! I am sure that is a time your kids will remember doing. Can't wait to see you in about a week! Hey want to go to Twilight on Tuesday (nov 25)????!!!!

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

You guys are lucky your kiddos can make it through a whole flick. Owl-li (Jack's way of saying Alli) doesn't quite have that attention span. Your kids are so cute.

Holly said...

It sounds like a perfect night! We need to do this with our kids.

You are crazy to consider getting a dog! Trev and I always said we couldn't wait to get one, and then we had kids. Now a dog is just one more pooper to clean up after. I plan on holding out until the kids are old enough to beg for one and to pretend like they would help take care of it.

Jeni said...

How fun! We can't wait to see you.

Barbaloot said...

So...how'd Joe like the dog you got while he was gone?

megship said...

Wait, didn't you guys already get a dog? What ever happened to it? Date night sounded cute and I love the kids comments. I guess you don't love Mia enough to take her too? Hmph, I will have to tell her about that someday...

Jared West said...

Buffy, your kids are so cute!! I love that you posted this! I think you should get the dog!! We have a lab and a golden retriever. They are the best dogs!!!