Barbara Dayton was chastised and then "challenged" anyone reading her blog to do the same, and that is to think of ten things you are thankful for in your life right now, and list them. STOP COMPLAINING!!! Obviously we all know I am thankful for my husband since I did a whole blog entry about that, so I am going to leave him out of the ten, just so I don't bore anyone. These are in no particular order, just come as they come!!
1. Tiny baby smiles and squeaks. So small, yet so huge they can change my day from horrible to spectacular! Little Mia has started to smile, and I tell you, when she does it brightens my whole day!
2. My family. I have always been thankful for family, but my dad recently told us he was moving to Florida and it made me really think. I have always been close to my dad and now he is moving. We have family dinners every Thursday night at his house and it is all going to change. My family (in-laws included) has always been there for me and helped me out when I am in a bind!
3. Warm weather. I am so glad that it is starting to warm up finally. I can go outside and go to the park and jog outside instead of inside on my treadmill...boring!!!
4. Kylee and Jack's prayers. Children are so innocent, I love it. This morning when Jack was saying the blessing for breakfast, he blessed Jesus. It was the cutest thing and as soon as he finished his prayer, he looked at me and said "I bless Jesus mommy!" Kylee also says cute things. She always makes sure she blesses me and Mia. They are so innocent, yet so powerful!
5. Food. I know I am kind of a pig, but I AM thankful for food. It is just so good, and I love eating. I know it is probably some sort of a disorder, how much I like food, but oh well!
6. Senses. Yes I am talking about sight, hearing, touch, smell, and we know how I fell about taste already. I mean honestly could I live without any of these? NO!! I am thankful for music that I can hear, and sing. I would die if I couldn't see my kids everyday! Anyway, you get the point.
7. Massages. Need I say more?
8. Costco. Whoever thought of bulk everything deserves an award.
9. Health. After being sick for a week it makes me thankful for being healthy all the time. That is something I definitely take for granted.
10. The Gospel. Everything that I am is based on the Gospel. I am thankful for our Prophet and all he does for this Church and for me. I am thankful for the Atonement and the knowledge that we have. I am thankful that families can be together forever, and that I will see my mom again!!!!!
Now, I challenge you (and by "you," I mean whoever is reading this) to do the same thing. Leave a comment about something for which you are thankful. Or write you own post about it. Or make a poster and stand on the road for everyone to see. Or write a song. Anything really. However, if you leave a comment it will make me happy because I'll think I have friends and/or readers and that will be one more reason for me to be thankful.
Also, if you read this and don't do something that resembles a thankful act, I'll judge you. Well...I guess I have no way of knowing who you are and whether you chose to be thankful or not, but know that if I did, I would judge you. And I mean that in the nicest way possible:) (This is all what Barb said, but I totally agree!!! GET TO IT!!!)
3 comments:
Two things:
1) If your love for food is a disorder, then I'm right there with you. Maybe we should seek medical help?
2)I got confused when I read your last two paragraphs. I was like, "Hey...that's what I wrote...? Oh, I see." :)
You have guilted me into doing this - I need to anyway . . . in a day or two!
Hey this is Sarah Hill McGiven! I just wanted to say hi and tell you that your kids are absolutely adorable! I am so glad to hear that everything is going well with 3 kids because I do hear it is the hardest transition! Loved the list of everything you are thankful for too! Our blog is mcgivenfamily.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!
Post a Comment