Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Update

I feel like today couldn't come any quicker.....it just dragged and dragged and dragged. Thankfully I have had family and friends here to keep me busy. I have totally been blessed with family who fasted on Sunday for us, and I can't even express the gratitude for that, and the prayers that were said on our behalf. I have felt so much comfort (up until this morning at about 5:30 when I woke up and couldn't sleep). I seriously have felt such peace and I know it is from the prayers from all of you. THANK YOU!

Cute Profile pic of Heber!!



Now, the update is great news!! I will just start off with that. The perinatologist brought out the "big guns" and by that I only mean the 3D ultrasound thing. They couldn't find any sign of a cleft lip. Then they did an extensive look at the heart, and said everything looked beautiful. I am so relieved, and at the same time realize how many people have to go through this, and might not end up with good news like we did. The Perinatologist said she has had a a lot of cleft lips this week, so jokingly I said "maybe it is the same girl sending them over to you..." she laughed, and said, "no, but all the other ones really were cleft lips". It made me stop and realize how lucky we are to already have 3 VERY HEALTHY children. The only thing they really found today for us was my placenta is pretty low, but it is okay at this point cause everything usually moves, but if it doesn't move, worst case scenario...c section. They did see a little spot in the left ventricle of the heart, but said it really is probably nothing.

I thought I would share just a couple pics today again...the 3D one is a little weird, so watch out. Thanks again all of you for your support and love. I have the best family and friends in the world! LOVE YOU ALL!!!
This is 3D with his cute little hand in front of his face.


non 3D with hand in front of face.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

buffy I am so happy to hear the good news. I have been thinking about you all week! Look at little "Heber C". It is amazing the technology that they have. You not only have healthy kids, but totally adorable and amazing ones too. Miss you woman!! lots of love!

megship said...

It really is incredible that most of us come out with healthy kids. I am sooo glad to hear the good news! Phew!

Nate and Shannon Smith said...

YEAH!!! I am soo glad that everything is fine! We love you!

Angie said...

Buff, you are amazing! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jessica said...

I have been so anxious today to hear news of baby Heber! I am so glad and relieved to hear he looks healthy!!! Nothing better!

Breanne said...

Buffy, I am so glad to hear that everything is okay! I am so sorry that you had to go through a scare like that! Doesn't it just make you appreciate everything and everyone so much more?

Stephanie said...

Hooray!!! Such good news! We miss you over in our neck of the woods. Ward choir just isn't the same and I miss my best singers in Primary... sure you don't want to come back??

Love ya,
Steph

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad it's good news. What a relief. It really is amazing how many healthy babies there are and that more crazy things don't happen.

(If you do have placenta previa as your pregnancy progresses, take it seriously and take it easy. My good friend has been on full bedrest since she was 30 weeks because she started bleeding and she is now at 34 hoping to keeping that baby safe until at least 36. She wasn't very careful when the doctors told her to be. I don't mean to scare you, I just want you to be aware :) )

Mandy said...

That 3D one is cool! It makes me so excited to see and hold him in June (the end of June, hopefully!)

Jeni said...

I was so glad to get the news!! We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. I hope you haven't been too stressed out! You are a wonderful mother. I'm going to try to call you sometime next week, so don't screen my call! :)

Adam and Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! Man, you move away from Provo and suddenly become the last to know everything. I am so excited for you guys!