No, really it is about time...about having time to blog...which thing I am finding it hard to find the time...plus it is about time I did a new post right??? RIGHT! I am such a slacker. Obviously so much has happened since I blogged last. Here is a list of a few of them, not necessarily in any order.
Joe got a black eye- he was playing soccer and someone from the other team decided to put his cleat up as Joe was heading the ball down....I was afraid he had lost his eye, but nope, just a black one for a few days. He looked pretty tough actually.
Mia (my not so much the baby anymore) turned 2. Yes, way back in February she turned 2. She is now potty trained (hallelujah!!) She is also as bossy as ever, but boy does she have a lot of personality. The other day we were with my Grandma Pat (my mom's mom) and she just got a kick out of Mia and said..."You know Buffy, your mom is probably just smiling down on you thinking you are getting just what you deserve." thanks Grandma!
Kylee (my teenager) turned 6 in March. She also graduated from Kindergarten, which thing she loved and I am sure would love to repeat it if she got the same awesome teacher Mrs. Headman. She is becoming such an awesome reader, SO SMART, and she is taking Piano from her favorite Aunt Barbara. Boy does she learn fast. She is also my SUPER HUGE help with the new baby. THANKS KY!!
Jack started soccer. This boy is going to be able to do anything he wants. He absolutely loves sports. He got out there on the first day of soccer camps and wasn't even scared. He is such a fun boy to be around. Any chance he gets, he is playing baseball, football, soccer, or basketball. It will be fun to see what he ends up loving when he is older. He finished his first year of pre-school with the wonderful Mrs. Steele, and loved every second!!
I hiked Stewart Falls 8 months pregnant...need I say more?
Then there is the obvious....Heber Cuthbert Dayton finally came to our home on July 1st at 8:21 pm. He came in at a whopping 9lbs 4 oz. 21 inches long. And he hasn't stopped growing. We went to his 2 week apt. yesterday and he was 10.1 lbs. He loves to eat. He is so fun, I just love babies. He is a great sleeper (so far) he sleeps about 5-6 hours at a time at night. The kids love him...or should I say love to maul him. Here is how it went. Wed the 30th I had my membranes stripped, I started having some contractions, then in the evening they went away...I was so bummed. So Thursday I went back in again, and he stripped a little more vigorous. About an hour later my water broke, and I started having contractions (that was about 1:30 pm. The contractions got pretty bad pretty quick. We went the the hospital about 3:30. I got an epidural (praise them) at about 6:00, and he was born just after 8. FUN TIMES!!!
Thanks to my friends and family I have had quite an easy recovery. I think I am getting tired this week though...hopefully I can stay on top of things.




10 comments:
Congratulations on your new baby! That is so exciting. I've already heard so much about him from my family and Barb. Now I can't wait to meet him. It's fun to see new pictures of your kids and to hear updates. They are adorable! Also, you're crazy for hiking Stewart Falls. I'm way impressed!
About dang stinkin' time! Even though I already knew everything you posted, it was still really fun to read it. And I've never seen the picture of Stewart Falls with Mia and Joe where Mia's totally chessin it.
Also, I've never seen the side bar pictures of your kids and they are dang stinkin cute.
Also, I'll be home for lunch so I'll probly just see you soon.
Yay for the update! You first of all look gorgeous in the pics after Heber was born. and also, in the pic that Joe is holding Heber, by the TV, he looks like he is 6 months old. wow!
well you guys look great! I am glad things are going well. miss you girl! Love you!
Thanks for the update. you are amazing! And your family is the cutest! Keep it up.
So cute!!! Congrats! Heber fits right in. I love all your picture collages. Hang in there! You're such a great mom. BTW, I have a new blog: celiabenandcompany.blogspot.com
Yippppeeee!!! I know how hard it is to keep up on a blog, but I'm sure it's even harder when you have 3 kids and a new babe! So, I hope it didn't take you long, and you can keep up on it! I love to see the pictures! Can't wait til PARK CITY!!!
I love it! Everything! You look amazing, and I love Joe's choice of ninja t-shirt on the birth date.
Buff, your awesome!
thanks for updating buffy! your baby looks DANG adorable! and also, i enjoyed your cute kids at the 24th! i have a cute pic of jack on my blog if you want to see it (or steal it)!
Congratulations! He is so precious!!! I cannot believe how much your kids have grown since we were there--makes me sad!
Fun update- I'm glad we get to see you guys so often. I absolutely love the pictures on the side of your three older kids. They are too dang cute!
Post a Comment