
Lots of things are going on in my mind right now so I had to jot them down. First of all we had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and found out we are having.....(well we kind of already knew, but it was reaffirmed) BOY!!! If you can't tell by the picture...I thought this was the only time I could put a picture of a naked boy on my blog....just kidding. Joe was super excited, and I am too, but Joe really wanted a boy. While we were there, our ultrasound lady was super quiet, and kept going back to the heart, and back to the face, but she wouldn't tell us anything. I was so mad, she had to take us over to the doctors office and have a different nurse tell us that there may be something wrong with our little guys heart. They also said there is a possible cleft lip. I have to go in for an ultrasound with a pereonatologist at the hopital on Wednesday.
Here are my thoughts on both....
Cleft lip. My first thought was, sad, but that is okay, we can fix it, no long term effects...then the doctor said I probably wouldn't be able to nurse....then I cried....and cried a little more.
Heart. Obviously I was thinking of the worst possible scenario. (my brain works that way for some reason) The doctor calmed me down a little and said we are so lucky to be where we are (near Salt Lake and Primary Childrens) cause it is one of the best. He said that IF there is the problem that they "might" see (something about the out track of the right ventricle isn't going out???) then we would have to deliver at primary childrens and they would take the baby right away into surgery, or something like that, and hope for the best. Now my mind hasn't been able to stop. I just keep praying and crying. I know everything will turn out the way that it is supposed to, because that is the way the Lord works, but it is still hard. Maybe his way isn't the way I want it. I am a little selfish that way.
Well, Wednesday we will have most of our questions answered. In the mean time if you would keep us in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. I am so glad I have great friends and family! Thanks for everything, and I will re-post on wed.
By the way, we (and when I say we I mean Joe) is pretty sure our little guy is named Heber!
15 comments:
You're right, it WILL be okay. It's so difficult to have those things weighing on your mind though. I'll be checking in for updates.
Oh Buffy - we are praying for you and your little boy. Keep us posted on anything new you find out.
There is nothing that I can say that will make you and Joe feel better. Just know we are here for you, for whatever, babysitting, a shoulder to cry on. . .You will be in our prayers, you are a strong woman and you will be able to get through this, just keep the faith. love ya
Buffy, I am so sorry. I hope things will turn out ok...that he will be healthy...you are in our prayers. It sounds like you may have a long road ahead of you. We love you and will always be here for you!
Congrats Buffy! That is so great. We are going out of town on Wed. But would really like to get together when we get back!
Buff
So exciting yet nerve racking at the same time. It sounds like he is a special little boy that you already seem to know ;)He must be a choice spirit!!! You will all be in our prayers, please keep us updated we love you!!!
Buffy Congrats on having a boy! I am sure not only you and joe are excited but I am sure Jack is going to love having a little brother!
I love you so much and we are praying for you guys and especially your little "Heber". You are such a strong person and this little guy is going to be so lucky to have the best mom in the world. Talk to you soon!!
That's so scary. Good luck. It is such a blessing to have good medical just right there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be checking in again. Loves.
I am so sorry, Buff. You are obviously strong enough to handle this and that is why this little guy is coming to you. Don't be too sad about the nursing thing. I can assure you that I have done both and bottle feeding is equally rewarding (at least it was for me). Everything will work out the way it is intended to and you will be stronger for it!
Oh Buffy, I'm so sorry for you guys! I hope you are able to find out a lot more at your appointment so that it will lessen the worrying/wondering you have ahead of you. That has got to be one of the hardest parts - having to deal with the unknown. Know we will be praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts! Good luck Wednesday. (And we're glad Jack and Joe get a boy!)
With the lord...all things are possible! He knows how strong you are! Love you!
Another little boy! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Oh buffy... I know that feeling of wonder and worry. We were told Bugs had some issues when they did the ultrasounds, cysts on his brain which thankfully ended up okay. We will keep you in our prayers and know everything will work out the way it should. Why haven't we gotten together yet? Will you email me your # cause we need to go out and play! uncrobinsons@yahoo.com Love you guys!
Buffy! I have been thinking of you and your family ever since I read your blog this morning. I will keep you in our prayers.
We are thinking of you and you are in our prayers. We love your family!
The millers
Post a Comment