Kylee...Kylee is hilarious. She really is getting to be a "teenager" she has some attitude, but most of the time it is pretty funny. She is starting to say things like "I believe you are forgetting something" and "I am completely sure, hello!?!" Oh boy, oh boy, is all I have to say.

The other day our neighbor friend decided he wanted to ride a bike like Kylee (who decided to teach herself how to ride a two wheeler) so she decided to try and help him. She is pretty much holding up the bike for him. FUNNY! Yesterday Kylee "graduated" from pre-school.
Her teacher, Mrs. Steele, had a very fun graduation planned for everyone. The kids all dressed up in their Sunday best, and she even made graduation caps for them. I have been so impressed with Mrs. Steele. We really love her, and we are glad Jack will be starting with her in the fall. 


Jack...Jack is just a funny bugger. Anything that has to do with poop, or hitting, or balls, or anything the least bit revolting just seem to drag Jack in. We went for a little hike for memorial day, and anytime there was any sort of poop on the ground he was there looking at it like he was making a discovery. He is really into the movie the Labyrinth right now, it is hilarious, he will make me say this with him...he will say "you remind me of the babe" then I have to say "what babe?" then he says "the babe with the power"...."what power?"...and so on OVER AND OVER!! Funny boy. A couple nights ago he just started crying, the crying just got worse and worse. I went down and his eyes were open, and he was screaming....crying, but he was totally out of it. I tried to ask him what was the matter, but he wouldn't respond to me, just cry almost like he was in pain. It was so hard. I prayed to know what to do, and just thought...leave him a lone, let him come to by himself. So I did, and slowly he came to. He doesn't remember any of it. Well, the same thing happened last night. I have been googling it, and I think it is NIGHT TERRORS....I am so sad. I don't know how to deal with this kind of stuff. Any help would be great!
Mia....Mia is getting one of her molar teeth, and has had a runny nose for the past two weeks. Poor little thing. She is absolutely at the funnest stage right now. I love it. She is all over the place, but she is so fun. She is starting to say things (not really for anyone else to understand but me) She says touch down and reaches for the sky. She says ma ma for pretty much anything. She points to her nose when you ask her where it is, she says d d for silky. She just runs all over and most of the time it is in a kooky way! She LOVES animals, if she sees a bird, she freaks, dog...freaks, cat...freaks. She just loves them all. Last night at the graduation Mrs. Steele's dog Charlie was walking around and she was going nutty-nuts. She was kind of mauling him, and I think he got a little short with her and nipped at her....scared her to death! Funny though.
Well, I am not going to wait that long to post again, cause that was entirely too long. Sorry, and congrats if you got all the way through it.
8 comments:
Seriously, what is it with boys and poop?! My boys are the same way! Ugh! And as far as night terrors go...Tucker had those too and they are awful! My nephew has them and has forever. Tucker grew out of them and there is nothing you can do. They will just eventually go back to sleep or wake up. I am sorry, it sucks!
I love the update on the kiddos! I miss you guys!!! Well as for Wicked, just so you know, I thought of you the whole time, because you were the first to ever talk about the musical. And it was awesome. Kyle had a great time but we for sure need to go sometime, New York?!! Anyways, got some news for you.... :) Love ya!
so... my youngest sister haley used to have night terrors. she would just scream and cry with her eyes open, she wouldn't let anyone touch her and she would eventually just fall asleep again. it is sad, but we kinda started to get a kick out of it after awhile! (mean i know!) she eventually grew out of them...and she's pretty normal :)
Jaren does sometimes, although they aren't really intense. He just sits up and cries for a while. Eventually, he just goes back to sleep. But when I was about 8 or 9 I had a night terror. I remember mom and dad thinking it was so scary because I was up talking to them for at least 10 - 15 minutes before I "woke up". And the funny thing about it is that I just remember it being one of the scariest things that happened to me. I remember it being a REALLY scary dream type thing. Ew. Anyway...sorry so long.
Kelsi and Kylee will have too much fun when we come! Kelsi acts like she is 13!! And Taylor and Jack... two peas in a pod.... any potty talk makes Taylor crack up! Sorry to hear about Jack's scary dreams... not fun. It's hard when they are so little and helpless! Does he seem more tired during the day, like he is not getting good enough sleep? You're probably more tired... I'd never be able to sleep through that!
Buff, crazy how time flies!! They are getting so big. Sorry about the night terrors. Ethan has had a couple and they just break your heart. But like everyone has said, there is nothing you can do. They won't remember it so take comfort in that. But you just have to let them work it out, don't try to wake them up. Love ya lady, I'll be seen ya soon!
Hey Buffy,
Josh had night terrors almost nightly...for a long time. Here's what I learned: First, they usually are worse when kids are over tired, so you have to try to keep him well rested. Josh always had them worse when he was missing naps or going to bed late. The good thing is that if they are true night terrors (not just bad dreams) he won't remember them. And, our pediatrician told us that we could wake him up, so we always did. The Dr. told us to wake him up by wiping his face with a warm wash cloth. It worked really well, and would bring him out of it enough for us to calm him down and get him to lay back down and go back to sleep. Good luck! Hate to tell you, though, that as he got older it just turned into sleep walking, and that is a whole new level of freaky! (But sometimes good for a laugh, and at least he's not crying)
Buff---what a bummer about the night terrors! I'm so sorry.
I'm also sorry Kylee graduated from pre-school. I don't recall telling her she could get that old.
And tell Mia to never stop running funny.
Also, you should know that I probly haven't done p90x without you. I still have worked out, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that push-up death video if you weren't pushing me through. So...hurry and get better so we can get started again.
Post a Comment