
Well, I am a little behind here, I haven't posted for a while, that is because my poor little Jack-a-buda is a sick little guy. It all started Friday night poor Barbara was over here babysitting, while Joe and I went to the hunting expo (which is a whole other great story) and Jack got sick, and threw up while Barb was here. She was awesome (as usual) and cleaned it all up. He pretty much hasn't been able to keep anything down since then. It really is sad. He really looks like the walking dead. I called the doctor and the nurse said that it is going around instead of being the 24 hour flu it is like a week long flu, so watch out!!!
Here is Jack when he is feeling well, he got this pirate outfit from his cousin for his birthday (Thanks John and Ang) I didn't get a picture of his little hiney, but let me tell you it is soooo cute in this thing! He loves it!
Now, about the hunting expo (not usually my thing, but it sure is Joe's thing) we were invited (by Senator Margaret Dayton, oh the connections we have in this family) to a Private dinner and auction hosted by Jeff Foxworthy, we were on like the second row, and then we were on the sixth row for the show after which was a Jeff Foxworthy comedy show! The dinner was awesome, great food, more than I needed, and then we went to the award thing/auction where Jeff Foxworthy (hosted it), Carl Malone (I was sitting like 3 feet away from him and he is HUGE) Shaun Bradly (another basketball player who is probably the tallest person I have EVER seen) and Marcus Luttrell (an AMAZING GUY) were. It was so great I cried even at the thing, I guess that isn't saying much, cause I cry a ton! If you don't know who Marcus Luttrell is, go here. He is the author of the book called Lone Survivor, and he is the Lone Survivor!!! YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!! If you didn't click on "go here" YOU NEED TO!!!! It is long, but it is worth it! He was there signing books, and he spoke for about 20 min, it was very sobering, he didn't beat around the bush about things, he said how it is! I am grateful for all of our troops, they are amazing to be fighting for our freedom, and we all need to recognize that.
Here is Jack when he is feeling well, he got this pirate outfit from his cousin for his birthday (Thanks John and Ang) I didn't get a picture of his little hiney, but let me tell you it is soooo cute in this thing! He loves it!

Now, about the hunting expo (not usually my thing, but it sure is Joe's thing) we were invited (by Senator Margaret Dayton, oh the connections we have in this family) to a Private dinner and auction hosted by Jeff Foxworthy, we were on like the second row, and then we were on the sixth row for the show after which was a Jeff Foxworthy comedy show! The dinner was awesome, great food, more than I needed, and then we went to the award thing/auction where Jeff Foxworthy (hosted it), Carl Malone (I was sitting like 3 feet away from him and he is HUGE) Shaun Bradly (another basketball player who is probably the tallest person I have EVER seen) and Marcus Luttrell (an AMAZING GUY) were. It was so great I cried even at the thing, I guess that isn't saying much, cause I cry a ton! If you don't know who Marcus Luttrell is, go here. He is the author of the book called Lone Survivor, and he is the Lone Survivor!!! YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!! If you didn't click on "go here" YOU NEED TO!!!! It is long, but it is worth it! He was there signing books, and he spoke for about 20 min, it was very sobering, he didn't beat around the bush about things, he said how it is! I am grateful for all of our troops, they are amazing to be fighting for our freedom, and we all need to recognize that.
9 comments:
Look at you and all your crazy linkings!
I'm sorry Jack is still feeling sick-and that you guys missed tonight. Everyone said to tell you hi.
Poor Jack! I am so sorry that he was so sick! but I am already back in Omaha. I am sorry I missed you. But no worries!
Oh and I watched that Marcus Luttrell thing. Amazing!! That is an amazing story! That is awesome you were able to go to all that fun stuff. Miss you girl!
I am so sorry Jack is sick. There is nothing worse than the stomach flu!!! Hopefully it will end soon.
We are dealing with croup up in here. Sickness sucks. I am jealous you got to go that thinger. Ty would have given his left arm to sit by Carl Malone! See you on Saturday!
Hi Buffy-
Of course I remember you! That was cute of you to leave a message. I would LOVE for you to come see Roxie. We are in South Jordan. She's been a good dog. Todd and Shaye are really into her and I'm loving her at moments. It's been harder for me to adjust to having a puppy, but Todd and Shaye do a lot for her. So, that's nice. She's a beautiful dog. I have disappeared from my blog for a good month. I will put up a picture just for your son. She's BIG! Thanks for asking. It'd be fun to meet you and have you hang with Roxie. Anytime.
I hope Jack gets feeling better.
We love pirates at our house - Argghh Matey!
So sorry to hear about little Jack. I love the pirate costume.
I watched that video clip and it really is amazing. I can't even begin to imagine what these troops have to see and do every day.
Jack's little costume is so cute. He has such skinny little legs in it! Jaren loved to see Jack as a pirate! He thought that was cool.
buffy your kids are too cute! reading your blog makes me laugh so hard (yes i'm a blog stalker!) But it's ok because we're related! this is melinda, joey's cousin - i know he has lots so i don't expect you to know who i am! but anyway, just had to tell you that your family is so dang cute!
Post a Comment