Saturday, February 28, 2009

My baby's FIRST!


Yes, today is Mia's first birthday (sniff sniff, sob sob, boo hoo!!!) I cannot believe how fast the time goes. I don't want Mia to be this old already. I honestly don't know where this year went! Mia is such a great girl. She is such a joy to have in our family, her cute actions, to her amazing spirit just bring us so much happiness!! Here is a little tribute to Mia. Somethings she likes, likes to do, and has accomplished....


Mia has always let her big brother and sister MAUL her. They lug her around like she is a doll. This shows me that she is very patient! (unless it has to do with food, then she is NOT patient at all.

Mia can sign please, drink, and more. (pretty good in my eyes)

Mia started walking at 10 1/2 months.

Mia is such a daddy's little girl. She loves me but, if daddy is home, she wants only him. One day she was having a hard day, and it was almost time for Joe to be getting home, so the only thing that made her happy was to wait by the window and watch for Daddy. When cars would pass by she would get mad if it wasn't him. Then he got home...she got so excited...his car went into the garage, and she was mad at me for not going into the garage also. She thought I wasn't taking her to him, but I was going the other way.

Mia takes two 2 hour (or longer) naps per day!!!! YES!!!! This helps so I can do hair. She also goes to bed at about 7:15 and sleeps until 7. FINALLY!!!!

Mia was my little cuddler. Jack and Kylee wouldn't really cuddle with me, but Mia would....that didn't last too long though.

Mia loves to give "Kissem's" if we say "kissem" she will pretty much give a big tongue kiss! Yummy.

Mia puts her hand in the air, hand facing up, toward whatever she wants then looks at you to make sure you can see her, then says please. This might be one of my favorite things right now.

Mia has a hook for a finger.....it is hilarious that she uses her finger like a hook, and it is ALWAYS in her mouth.

There are plenty more things I could put down, but I will stop at that. I LOVE my little Mia. I can't imagine life without her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE BABY!!!
By the way, Kylee took this picture. I was quite proud of her.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a doll. You make having three kids look easy! But I know better. :)

Barbaloot said...

Happy Birthday Mia! I'm bummed I didn't get to see her today...but at least I don't live in AZ this time around.

Mandy said...

We love Mia! She is a special little gal! You better keep her. And we'll make sure next year not to give her bubbles!

megship said...

You mean two 20 minute naps and waking up 3 times a night isn't good? Maybe she can talk some sense into Macie.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Mia!

My baby girl always has her finger in her mouth too. (Although said "baby" girl just turned 3 and sadly really isn't a baby.)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday cute little Mia! I can't believe she is one already! Time to start working on the next one? :) anyways, Mia you are adorable and you are so lucky to be apart of such an amazing family! We love you!

Shantel said...

She is such a cute little girl. I can't believe that she is already one. I loved watching her little legs working extra hard to get around. She is going to be such a fun girl. Just like her mommy. XOXO