Friday, December 5, 2008

Is yours as clean as mine?


Well, I know this picture is kind of disgusting, but I can't help it that Mia is totally DRAWN to the toilet. SICK! I know. But she will get stuck like this, and then scream, but most of the time she stands up and beats it like she is playing the drums. She is so fun. Mia is 9 months old, I can't believe how fast the time flies! She has four teeth, and two more coming in. She just barely got her two front teeth, and now the next two in the front are coming in, so it is runny nose city at my house. I love being a mom. It is the greatest thing ever....the hardest thing ever too. I cleaned up about 50 messes that Jack made the other day. 1st he drew all over the wall (luckily it was washable markers) next, he and his cousin Taylor found the chocolate cupcakes, and ate them. You could tell right where they walked, cause there was a trail of cupcake all over. Then, he cut the hair off of a horse that we have (you know, those stick ponies) anyway, it was mess after mess. Plus the mess that all the kids made (Ky, Jack and their two cousins) EVERY TOY in the house was on the floor, and in Mia's crib (along with cousin Taylor) that was pretty funny I have to admit. I know I should love the messes, cause they will be gone all too soon, just like President Monson said, so I am trying to love them. (it is still hard though).

9 comments:

Holly said...

The toilet obsession is hilarious! Good luck with the messes and disasters - I feel for you.

Barbaloot said...

Well, my house is always clean, mmm. And my kids like to go play with the garbage disposal, mmm, but they're brilliant and fix it while they're there, mmm, an my son Jack made the cupcakes that your son ate...
-Love Penelope

Haylee said...

Buffy, this is Haylee, I have officially stalked your blog. Anyway... your kids are the best, so funny. I wish I had some chocolate cupcakes I could track around the house. Love you guys!

Ryan said...

I know about the messes. Good luck with that. My little girl is 21 months and she has been teething for a lonf time, so get use to the runny noses. Tell Joe hi from Rex.

Chrissy said...

Buffy, I love this picture! That is great, and Mia is looking like a little girl now. Doesn't it kill you once that happens? I love the total "Joe & Buffy Dayton" look she has just like your other kids. We can't wait to see all you guys again at Christmas!!!

megship said...

Seriously gross! I hope you clean it daily! My house is spotless at all times so I cannot relate. My kids are also perfect and so never bisbehave. Sorry.

Lindsey said...

Why is it that almost one year olds love the bathroom? Is it because it is forbidden? Totally gross! The second Cannon sees the door get opened, he books it as fast as he can to get inside.

The Gibby's said...

I loved that talk by Pres. Monson. It really is a good reminder that we will miss all these crazy (and disgusting) things our little ones do today. Your kids are such darling little people.

Jeni said...

I wish you would have let me help clean up more!