Thursday, September 2, 2010

Van

So we are thinking about getting a van. I know I never wanted a van, but you know when it makes sense it makes sense. I find myself yelling at the kids not to climb over the seats, I also find myself very frustrated when I go grocery shopping and there is no room for the groceries. Don't get me wrong, I have totally loved the Tahoe, I wish I didn't have to trade it, but fact is, with 4 kids it makes more sense to get rid of it. So, who knows about vans? What is the best of the best. ( we will probably end up with the worst of the worst, cause we are just going to trade the Tahoe straight across) but it is worth a shot. Oh, and this is something that my sister-in-law Barb showed me when she found out we were considering a van....I laughed pretty hard! Enjoy! Thanks Barb.

5 comments:

Mom, Mommy, Ma Ma Jo, Grandma, Grandma Jo said...

I swore I would never drive a minivan too but I love my Honda Odyssey and so does Ryan! He will even admit it. They are the best cars with kids. I promise you will love it. Make sure no matter what you get one with automatic doors. It is the best part about it and I don't think it's worth having a van if you don't have the automatic doors. Good luck on your search!

This is Sarah Hill McGiven. I don't know how to log out of my mom's thing on her computer :)

Unknown said...

Seriously I think Vans are totally wonderful with kids!! They are so convenient, especially traveling and all!
Eventhough we don't have one, I have test driven and been in a bunch of different ones. The ones that I like the most are the Honda Odyssey the nissan quest and the VW Routan. I LOVED the Routan! That would have been my first choice on the minivans. Best part is that you don't have to worry about your kids opening the doors and hitting the car next to you. The sliding door (on both sides) oh just amazing!!

Oh and I LOVE the swagger wagon video. I laugh everytime I watch it. Especially when the little girl needs to pee. So cute and great!!

Barbaloot said...

So basically the point of this post is that I'm awesome, right?

K-but really, I can't wait to see Joe drive a van:)

Nate and Shannon Smith said...

Wow.... I have to agree, seeing you guys drive a van will be priceless!

Adam and Lisa said...

So, after seeing this on your blog, Adam and I spent at least 30 minutes one night watching all the Swagger Wagon commercials. Haha, time well spent!