Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!!

Oh how I love Thanksgiving. What an awesome Holiday where we just sit back eat lots of food, and think of things we are thankful for. WE ARE SO BLESSED! There are so many things I am thankful for, and I thought I would just name a few. First of all to start off the Thanksgiving week Margaret (my Mother-in-law) had a little fireside, and the guy that was doing the fireside got in a plane crash about 2 years ago and was one of two that survived. It was really inspiring, and he just emphasized how we need to have our priorities in order, and when it all comes down to it, the worldly things don't matter. Family, and our covenants with our Father in heaven is what really matters. So, to start off my list, I thought I would name Family first.

1. Family- What would we be without family? Here we are in a financial bind, and who saves us? Our family....who is always there for us? FAMILY. Who prays for us everyday and we don't even know about it? Family. I am grateful for my own family, my husband who is a righteous priesthood holder, who supports me and loves me no matter what, and who gave me three of the most wonderful kids in the world. I LOVE my kids, they are so important to me. It makes me only have a glimpse of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. I am so thankful for my extended family as well. I love you all so much!

2. Water- Let me just say, I wouldn't be alive without water. Probably none of us really would be. I know it is kind of silly, but I was thinking about it the other day, and we have plenty of water that we can drink, brush teeth, and then take a freaking hot bath for about an hour, and still have some to spare. I love my bath, and I am thankful for water.

3. Friends- Can I just say I have some of the best friends in the world. When we moved, I thought I wasn't going to have to clean my house, and I had everything moved out on a Friday night late, and on the way to unpack the last load at about 9:30, I found out that I had to clean. So I go and start cleaning, and before I knew it, there were 5 or 6 people helping (I NEVER even asked ONE of them, they just offered, and came).....now that says something. I have wonderful friends old and new, and I am thankful for them!

4. Gospel- What am I without the gospel? What is my purpose on earth? I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, and for the saints that lead the way before us and went through what they went through for me to have the gospel so easily. I am thankful for my Savior, for suffering on the cross for ME. I am thankful to know that I can live with my family forever because of that very suffering. I am thankful to be able to carry the light of Christ with me wherever I go.

5. Food- We all know that I am a food-aholic. I think about all the countries in the world that are not nearly as fortunate as we are, and it makes me cry. I am so thankful that we are always blessed with food. I am especially grateful that I don't have to watch my kids starve, that in and of itself would totally break my heart. I am just grateful for my life, and I have my Heavenly Father to thank for it. I hope that I can live my life in a way that would only reflect the goodness of Christ, and Heavenly Father.

Sorry, I kinda went off, congrats if you are still reading this, and have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! By the way I am thankful for camera's and I have NO idea where mine is....oops.

5 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm so grateful you live so close.

Random Forevers said...

i love your family too! you guys are so great!

Sara Waldron said...

I'm so glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with you guys, and I'm grateful you're in the family!

Jess said...

I'm so sad you moved, I didn't even know you were leaving. I wish I could see you more often.

Unknown said...

Buffaloo I miss you! I need to call you and get a good update on your life because woman it has just been way too long! Miss the heck out of you and love you tons!!