Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So Proud!

This is a tribute to Kylee post. I am so proud of her. She started school last thursday (kindergarten) and she is doing awesome! The first day was pretty rough, she held onto me, and wouldn't let go (crying the whole time). It was hard for the both of us, but I didn't break down until I got home. I was too mad at her for clinging on to me the way she was at school. Second day was a little better, and then it has been pretty dang good since then. She did say one thing to me after the first day of Kindergarten, she said "Mom, kindergarten wasn't as bad as I thought!" She is a funny girl. She really likes her teacher, and so do I.

Today she had her first soccer game ever, and let me just tell you my first thoughts as the game started..."I shouldn't be this frustrated watching this, but I am" The first touch of the game all the girls started going the same way, which was the wrong way for our team, and we pretty much gave them a goal. They were pretty proud of themselves. Kylee was kinda like "what? where? Huh?" She just didn't seem that into it. Oh, and before the game started she said "Mom, why did you sign me up for soccer, I don't want to play!" Then, for some reason, it clicked in the second half, and she had 5 of the 7 goals that our team scored. They did awesome. She just kept going and going, I was so proud of her. I am sad cause I didn't have my camera, cause Joe took it hunting. But she did AWESOME! I atribute it to having her Grandma and Grandpa and aunt Barbara show up for the second half. They should come every time. So, when the game was over she couldn't stop saying "I LOVE SOCCER, can I play every day? Do I have a game tomorrow? I want to play right now!" So, she loves it and I am glad that she does. Pictures of her first day of school will be coming soon.

4 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Fine. If I have to come to ALL the games, I will. Cuz I'm just that awesome of an aunt:)

Haylee said...

Go KYLEE!!!

Breanne said...

I can't believe she is already in kindergarten!! That is awesome she is so good at soccer, but with you and Joe as parents, what did you expect?

Jeni said...

Kelsi didn't like soccer last year cause "I never score a goal!" I signed her up again this year anyway cause her friends are playing... maybe she'll score a goal and like the game too!