Well, we had an almost disaster today. I was downstairs just minding my own business, and Jack came down asking for lunch. I told him lunch was in a few minutes, and that I would come up in a few. He then told me. "I can have pizza and I know how to work the microwave." I said "YOU BETTER NOT!" I told him to just wait for me and I would do it in a minute. Well, a couple min. later Jack came running downstairs saying, "Ky, MOM, you guys gotta come see this" so I ran up the stairs only to find my whole house totally smokey, and when I say smokey, I mean I really couldn't see my ceiling. I ran to the microwave and turned it off. Then I yelled to the kids to get outside, cause I literally could not breathe. They ran outside. I got a fan turned on, and had to basically lay on the floor cause it was so smokey. I was freaked out. Okay, so here is what happened. Jack put a piece of pizza in the microwave and set the timer for something over 30 min. There was also a plastic food cover in the microwave he didn't bother taking out. Well, the pizza got so hot it started on fire and started to set the other little plastic thing on fire. We are lucky the whole microwave didn't blow!! SHEESH! SCARY! That little Jack really knows how to keep me busy. Here are the pics
Yes, this is/was a piece of pizza

This show 29:45 still left on the microwave had I not stopped it. YIKES!
10 comments:
How does the house smell now? I'm glad you stopped it in time and that the house is still standing!!
oh my gosh... that would have terrified me. that is really scary. I am glad that there wasn't more damage beyond the pizza and plastic thing. phewph!
OH man, you weren't kidding about that little Jacko!
Oh boy. Aren't kids fun? Here's my question though (stems from my paranoia of a house fire): Why didn't the smoke alarms go off?
Holy cow, how freaky!!! And yeah, that's a good question about the smoke alarms.
oh my heck!!!! that is scary i cant believe it put a hole in that plastic we should hang out sometime!
Oh Jack! I'm glad your house didn't go up in flames!
Life without your Jack would be so boring! haha...that pizza is burnt to a crisp! haha. love ya!
So you can see how far behind I am on checking blogs by how late this is, but I just wanted to tell you how glad I am you guys are all okay!!! It was so great to see you all last week - you and your family are truly some of my favorite people. :)
Sounds like something my little Joey would do.:)
Post a Comment